Mission, Vision, Values
Engaging people to strengthen their lives and communities through research-based educational programming.
OSU Extension is a dynamic educational entity that partners with individuals, families, communities, business and industry, and organizations to strengthen the lives of Ohioans.
As Extension educators, we:
- Focus on critical economic, environmental, leadership, youth, and family issues.
- Engage people in lifelong learning.
- Apply knowledge and practical research to the diverse needs and interests of Ohioans in rural, suburban, and urban communities.
- Extend resources of The Ohio State University.
- Recruit and develop volunteers to multiply Extension's efforts while developing their leadership potential.
- Enhance teamwork through networking and connectedness.
- Link youth, family, and community needs to scholars in Ohio and nationwide.
- Teach with cutting-edge strategies using new technologies and approaches.