2021 Market Steer Tag Request Form (due 1/1)
2021 Market Steer Identification Form (due 1/30)
Please see Livestock under 4-H Project Information for additional information on skillatons and guidelines.
Assuring Quality Care for Animals/ Quality Assurance Information
For our livestock project members and families, Ohio 4-H and the Ohio Department of Agriculture discussed some changes for this year that will help mitigate the effects the corona virus is having on holding in-person programming. For livestock quality assurance (QA) for 2021:
- QA must still be completed before the opening day of exhibition, however the 45-day prior to the opening of the exhibition requirement will not be enforced.
- Youth may choose to register for one of the following 1.5 hour virtual trainings via Zoom. 2021 Dates: TBD
The details: Each session will be limited in the number of participants that may register. Multiple family members may be on one screen/computer. First year participants must have a parent in attendance. Roll Call will be taken at the start and end. If it appears a youth is not engaged attendance will not count. Participants must have video and audio and participate in polls and discussion. Connection information will be shared after registering. Certificates will be distributed via email upon completion. Click HERE to register.
- FFA & 4-H Youth livestock exhibitors (8-18) may take the online Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) certification for $12. CLICK HERE for a $9 COUPON for April. Visit https://yqca.learngrow.io/ and create an Independent Sign-In account. Be sure to select Web-Based Training and read the description of the course carefully to make sure the individual associated with the account meets the requirements based on age. Participants must pass 3 quizzes to get certified: Animal Well-Being, Food Safety and Life Skills. Be sure to print a copy of the certificate to a PDF and submit it to the Extension Office.
- Youth 12-years of age and older may choose to test-out by contacting the Extension Office after April 6.
- These requirements should be met by June 1.
Junior Fair Forms
All forms due to go.osu.edu/ashtabulamailbox
Other Jr. Fair Information
MAC Buyer Plaque Sponsor Letter
Required Parent/Advisor Market Project Meetings
At least one parent/guardian of each market project member and one MAC advisor per club must attend the online virtual meeting by JULY 1.
This is an online GoogleDocs training. You must go through the entire presentation and verify your attendance at the conclusion.
View the materials at tinyurl.com/acasparentmeeting2020.
Questions? Contact Tom Mazzaro at firstname.lastname@example.org